Last Updated: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 8:55 PM EST
The cold front we've been talking about all week has arrived. Here's your Tampa area forecast for the overnight hours heading into Friday.
- Much colder Friday
- High surf advisory
- Small craft advisory
Tonight winds will be northerly and gusty along the cold front. Temperatures will drop drastically through morning.
Low in the low 40s for the Nature Coast to upper 40s around Tampa Bay will hit a little later, after sunrise.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
The front will push south of Florida by midmorning. Strong high pressure over eastern Texas will move east, bringing decreasing clouds, gusty winds and much cooler/drier air into Saturday.
Temperatures on Friday will run 8-10 degrees below average, moving up little during the day. Temperatures may stay in the 50s all day for the Nature Coast.
For the beaches on Friday, there is a High Surf Advisory and a risk of Rip Currents.
Then, one of the coldest mornings we`ve seen this year will occur Friday night into Saturday, with lows in the mid 30s to low 40s. It will be around the freezing mark for inland Nature Coast.
After the cold start on Saturday, the warming begins. Highs will reach to around 70 degrees, which is normal for this time of the year. Skies will be mostly sunny with lighter winds.
The low level flow then veers easterly, bringing Atlantic moisture and increased temperatures back over the state late Saturday.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app