Last Updated: Friday, December 30, 2016, 7:07 PM EST
Here's your Tampa area forecast for the overnight hours heading into New Year's Eve.
- Cold Saturday morning
- Saturday night milder
- Sunday sees huge warm-up
Tonight will be chilly, with lows in the 30s north and inland to low 40s around Tampa Bay. Citrus and Hernando Counties will be the coldest, with lows in the low 30s and areas of frost.
Pasco County will have lows in the mid to upper 30s with some patchy frost possible. Hillsborough and Polk Counties, meanwhile, will have lows in the upper 30s to low 40s.
Finally, Pinellas and Manatee Counties will mainly have lows in the low 40s.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
After the chilly start Saturday morning, the afternoon will be much warmer with highs back into the low 70s. Skies will feature filtered sunshine through high clouds.
Saturday night will be milder with lows in the 50s to low 60s.
Sunday will wrap up the weekend with a huge warm-up as highs get back to around 80 under partly cloudy skies.
The boating forecast for Saturday will be better, with lighter winds. However, the winds will still start a bit breezy Saturday morning, from the east at about 15 knots.
Then, in the afternoon the winds will shift and be lighter from the south at 10 knots. Seas will run 2 to 4 feet, trending a little higher early. Bay and inland waters will have a moderate chop.
North winds will continue, but will be lighter.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app