The Kmart location on Highway 19 in Crystal River will close next spring and is among a number of closures throughout the state.
A company spokesman confirmed the closings on Friday.
The Citrus County store will begin a liquidation sale on Jan. 6 and will close to the public in mid-April.
The number of people losing their job wasn't released, but the spokesman said those workers would be able to apply for jobs at other Kmart or Sears locations.
Other Florida Kmarts will close in the spring as well.
Those include stores in Ft. Myers, Ft. Pierce, Jacksonville, Kissimmmee, Port Charlotte, Naples, Sarasota and Palatka.
Here's the list:
- 1801 NW US Hwy 19, Crystal River, Florida
- 501 N. Beneva Road, Sarasota, Florida
- 19400 Cochran Blvd., Port Charlotte, Florida
- 2111 S. Federal Highway, Ft. Pierce, Florida
- 1501 Normandy Village Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2211 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida
- 4955 Golden Gate Parkway, Naples, Florida
- 111 Town and Country Dr., Palatka, Florida