Last Updated: Sunday, January 01, 2017, 7:17 PM EST
Here's your Tampa area forecast for the overnight hours heading into the first work week of 2017.
- Getting more humid
- Morning fog
- Possible sea fog
As the warming trend continues, skies will be partly cloudy tonight. Lows will be in the upper 50s for the Nature Coast to upper 60s for Tampa Bay. Some fog or low clouds are likely.
High pressure gets pushed farther east into the Atlantic as a cold front sinks into the Southeast U.S.
On Monday, dew points will continue to increase on southerly winds. Highs will be again near 80 in the coastal counties to low 80s inland. High clouds will move back in, and upper level energy passes by to the north on Monday evening.
By that time, there will be more moisture in the atmosphere, and the upper level energy may be close enough to touch off a few showers in the evening into overnight. Sea fog is possible at the coast later in the day.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
This upper level energy will push a weak cold front to the FL/Ga border Tuesday. As a result, there will be a slight chance of showers ahead of the front on Tuesday. Highs will be in the upper 70s in the coastal counties to low 80s inland.
The front will stall and wash out nearby on Wednesday. Some slightly cooler and drier air may be able to edge into at least the Nature Coast.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app