Police ID 3rd Seminole Heights shooting victim

By Melissa Eichman, Holly Gregory and Laurie Davison, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Friday, October 20, 2017, 9:08 PM EDT

Tampa police are investigating a third fatal shooting in the Seminole Heights neighborhood in just ten days.  

The Tampa Police Department held a news conference Friday morning, urging residents to come forward with any information on the shootings and to be vigilant in the community.

The Police Chief also said that residents should make sure to be with people when you are out. "If you're walking alone, you're either a suspect or a potential victim." 

Anyone with information is asked to call  (813) 231-6130. 

Officers are investigating a suspicious death that happened Thursday night on N. 15th Street near Conover Street. 

Police responded to reports of shots fired in the area and upon arrival, officers found a man shot. The victim, identified as Anthony Naiboa, 20, died on the street.

Naiboa, who was autistic, was on his way home from work, according to his familly. He'd just got a job two weeks before, packing food for hurricane victims in Puerto Rico.

"He was going to cash his check and take us all out to dinner to celebrate his job, " said Taino Naiboa, Anthony's younger brother. "I want people to know that [the killer] has taken something very precious from us. He has destroyed our family."

"He was a sweet boy," said Naiboa's mother, Carmen Rodriguez. "He never bothered anybody."

A terrifying pattern

Last night's shooting happened just feet away from a shooting that happened last week where Monica Hoffa was shot and killed and just down the road from where Benjamin Mitchell was shot dead last Monday.

Tampa police are not going as far to say they have a serial killer on their hands, but that’s what some people are worried about in the area.

Tampa police have increased patrols in the area and are telling residents to keep all of their outside lights on at night - and encouraging people to walk in pairs or groups as opposed to going out on their own.

As for residents themselves, they're on high alert. One of those residents, Rosemary Hickman, has family visiting from out of town, and she told us her plan is to stay inside and safe.

"I'm going to keep my lights on and be vigilant and watch out for anything, because we need to know what's going on," Hickman said.

Hickman did add, however, that she was not going to be held hostage by fear.

"I'm not going to change my routine," Hickman explained. "I'm just going to be more careful."

Police have not said if the victims knew each other or if each of the victims may have known the shooter. Interim Police Chief Brian Dugan did, however, have a message for the shooter.

"The message would be 'Enough is enough,'" Dugan said. "I don't know what your motive is, I don't know what your problem is, but enough. There's been enough carnage. You have severely affected some families."

Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at (813) 231-6130.