Last Updated: Friday, February 17, 2017, 7:44 PM EST
Here's your Tampa area forecast for the overnight hours heading into President's Day weekend.
- Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Saturday brings clouds, showers and thunderstorms
- Clouds clear, warmer temps arrive Sunday
Expect mostly clear skies to go partly cloudy tonight. Temperatures are dropping off quickly with mostly clear skies, light winds and low dew points.
It will not be as chilly tonight as it was this morning, however. Lows will be in the 40s for northern counties, and 50s from the bay southward.
Our current weather pattern features fast passing weather systems, so expect more change this weekend with a chance of rain.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Saturday brings increasing clouds, going from partly sunny to mostly cloudy. There will be a batch of showers with a few thunderstorms that will pass through the area. The likely timing will be in the afternoon to evening.
Most of the rain will move out Saturday night with just a few lingering sprinkles or light showers into early Sunday morning.
Highs on Saturday will be milder in the mid 70s as warmer air gets pushed back into the region on a southerly breeze. Saturday night will be mild with lows in the 60s for most areas, but some upper 50s in northern counties.
Any lingering sprinkle will quickly move our early Sunday morning by about sunrise. Clouds will also break up with a return of sunshine quickly Sunday.
There is no blast of cool air on the backside of this weather system, so expect that our high temperatures will actually go up Sunday into Monday with more sun. Highs will be in the upper 70s Sunday afternoon. Lows Sunday night will be in the 50s.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app