Last Updated: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 8:18 PM EDT
We've made it to midweek! Here's your Tampa area forecast for late Wednesday into Thursday morning and the rest of the work week.
- Near record cold
- Decreasing winds
- Milder weekend
The advertised coldest air is now here. Expect Thursday morning lows way below average with some near record cold in spots.
A freeze warning is in effect for Citrus and Hernando Counties, with lows expect in the 28 to 32 degree range. Pasco County will be close, with lows in the 32 to 35 degree range.
The lows for the rest of the region will just barely be above freezing, but not by much. Even in Polk, Hillsborough, and Manatee county you can expect some lows down into the mid 30s.
Skies will be totally clear with a northerly breeze. The breeze will die down a little in the morning.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
After the cold start it will be another sunny day for Thursday. Highs will still be below average, but slightly higher than Wednesday, getting into the low to mid 60s. There will still be a breeze from the northeast, but it will not be as strong as the past couple days.
Thursday night will be chilly, but not quite as cold, with lows in the 40s and 30s. The gradual warming trend will continue into Friday with mostly sunny skies and highs back to the low 70s.
The weekend is looking great with more seasonable high temperatures in the 70s.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app