Families at MacDill Air Force Base received a newly completed playground facility, thanks to The Armed Forces Families Foundation.
- Armed Forces Families Foundations unveils new playground facility at MacDill Air Force Base
- The AFFF helps military families in the southeast
The AFFF is a charity organization helping military families in the southeast U.S. The $47,534 neighborhood project was unveiled Nov. 7. It replaces an aging structure that was removed earlier this year and is equipped with two slides, two rock walls, a net climber, challenge ladder and tunnel.
“We are so proud to present this new playground to the many military families stationed at MacDill Air Force Base,” said Thaddeus Foster, a member of the board at AFFF. “A new playground was the most requested item from families participating in an annual survey, and when we learned this we knew we had to help.”
The new installation is located in the Heritage Cove neighborhood, which has 94 homes for military families and is easily accessible for all 572 active duty families stationed on base. These families represent all major branches of the military, including the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines Corps and Coast Guard.
To date, the Armed Forces Families Foundation has raised and given back more than $1.3 million to benefit military families. Recent projects include:
- $54,000 to refresh and renovate the USO center at Tampa International Airport
- $40,000 renovation of the six-lane bowling alley at the Charlotte N.C. VA medical Center
- $39,000 to build a Family Housing Game Room at Moody Air Force Base
For more information on The Armed Forces Families Foundation, CLICK HERE.