Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Friday into Saturday morning, along with a look at conditions into next week.
- Humid weekend
- Scattered showers
- Front possible next week
Scattered showers moved back into our area right on cue as atmospheric moisture increased. The showers will tend to decrease in coverage overnight into early Saturday.
Skies will be partly cloudy and it will be breezy with an east wind.
Morning lows will be in the low to mid 70s.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
It’s definitely more humid now that the moisture has moved back in. Expect a rather muggy weekend ahead, with a continued chance of scattered showers.
The best chance of showers both days over the weekend will come in the afternoon to evening hours. Otherwise, expect partly cloudy skies. Highs will be in the upper 80s.
There will be an east breeze, so any showers that form will have a westward movement toward the Gulf each day.
The least amount of moisture will be in northern counties, so expect better coverage of showers from about I-4 southward, with lower coverage north.
Next week is looking different with a cold front on the way. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean a blast of cooler, drier air.
It’s still too soon to know if that front will move through or if it will stall. As of right now, the preliminary indications are that the front will stall nearly on top of us.
That will likely mean slightly lower temperatures, slightly lower humidity, and slightly lower rain chances, but it also means that we won’t totally get into that cooler, crisper, drier type of air.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app