Four of NASA's most famous women are getting a little honor — their own LEGO minifigures.
- LEGO Women of NASA set released Nov. 1
- Includes minifigures of 4 NASA female legends
- Latest in a long line of LEGO space sets
On Nov. 1, LEGO will release the Women of NASA set, the latest in its "LEGO Ideas" line.
The set features three vignettes:
- Astronauts Sally Ride and Mae Jemison with a mini-space shuttle
- Computer scientist Margaret Hamilton
- Astronomer Nancy Grace Roman, known as the "Mother of Hubble," with a Hubble Space Telescope
"Build, play, learn and one day you too could become a science, technology, engineering or mathematics superstar!" LEGO posted on its LEGO Ideas blog Wednesday.
LEGO Ideas is a platform where fans of the building toys submit ideas for new sets. Every few months LEGO chooses some of the most popular to create and sell.
LEGO has a special fascination with space exploration and NASA. It's produced models of the Saturn V rocket, space shuttles, and the Mars rover and the sets are some of the most popular ones.
The original idea for the Women of NASA set included a fifth LEGO minifigure of Katherine Johnson, the mathematician made famous by the movie "Hidden Figures."
LEGO says it was not able to get appoval to use Johnson's likeness.