A company that makes bulk and private label packaged chocolates is recalling products distributed in at least 23 states and Canada because of undeclared milk.
First Source issued the Allergy Alert for undeclared milk in dark chocolate products produced by GKI Foods.
The company says people who have an allergy or sensitivity to milk could suffer serious or life threatening allergic reactions.
The recall includes packaged dark chocolate almonds for the following companies sold in Florida:
- 7-Eleven: 7 Select Dark Chocolate Turbinado Almonds with Sea Salt 2.25oz bag
- Circle K: Circle K Favorites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 3.25oz bag
Other brands include:
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 23oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Cherry-Infused Cranberries 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Strawberries 13.5oz tub
- Alpine Valley Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Tops Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Tops Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans 12oz tub
The affected products were sold between Jan. 1, 2016 and the present.
The company is also recalling chocolate sold in bulk at the following stores, none of which are in Florida:
- 15 LBS Dark Chocolate Peanuts distributed to Wegmans Food Markets, Dryden Food Market, New Brighton Food Land, Punxsutawney Country Market, and Trumansburg Shur Save,
- 20 LBS Dark Chocolate Almonds to Wegmans Food Markets, Giant Food Store, Martin’s Food Market, and Stop N Shop
- 25 LBS Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans Giant Food Store, Giant Food Mart, Martin’s Food Market, Wegmans Food Market, Dryden Food Market, Orchard Fresh, Stop N Shop, and Punxsutawney Country Market
The candy was also sold in Canada:
- Mac’s Convenient Stores Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 113grams & 92grams
- Circle K Favourites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 113grams