Holiday office closures and trash collection schedules through Christmas and New Years.
Hernando County government offices will be closed:
- Monday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Dec. 26
- Monday, Jan. 1
Hernando County Animal Shelter will be closed:
- Saturday, Dec. 23 - Tuesday, Dec. 26 (Will reopen with normal office hours on Dec. 27)
- Monday, Jan. 1 - Tuesday, Jan. 2 (Will reopen with normal office hours on Jan. 3)
Hernando County Solid Waste facilities will be closed:
- Monday, Dec. 25
- Monday Jan. 1
There will be no trash recycling picked up on:
- Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Christmas trash will be picked up on Thursday, Dec. 28 (Double pickup)
- New Year's trash will be picked up on Thursday, Jan. 4 (Double pickup)
- Both Christmas and New Year's recycle will be picked up on Monday, Jan. 8 (Triple pickup)
- Your trash may be picked up earlier or later than the usual time so please set at curb before 6 a.m.
- Extra trucks may be working in your neighborhood
- Trucks may run late into the evening beyond normal work hours
- Your trash or recycling may be picked up the next business day
Christmas tree disposal:
Live Christmas trees may be disposed of on yard waste day, which is every Wednesday. Trees must be cut to less than four-foot lengths and cleaned of all Christmas decorations, including tinsel. Artificial Christmas tree segments under four feet long and decorations may be disposed of on your regularly scheduled trash day.
CLICK HERE for recycling drop-off locations.