An upper level trough in the Western Gulf is approaching, drawing in tropical moisture from the south.
- Cloudy skies overnight
- Rain moves in Sunday
- Pattern change this week
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
Considerable cloudiness is across the area, as moisture increases.
Skies will be cloudy overnight. Humidity is increasing. Lows will be in the mid to upper 60s north, to around 70 for Tampa. Toward daybreak, a shower will be possible south of Tampa Bay, moving north.
Southwest winds in the upper levels, along with an upper level trough closing-in from the west, the moisture continues to move in from the south. Scattered showers will move northward across the area during Sunday afternoon. Skies will be cloudy and humidity high. High temperatures will stay around 80 to the low 80s. Winds will stay generally light.
Sunday night, rain chances continue. lows will be in the upper 60s to low 70s.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
Monday will continue to be cloudy with a high chance of showers and storms. Highs will be in the upper 70s to low 80s. The upper level trough will close off as a an upper low. Then it will park in the Eastern Gulf. Moisture will continue to stream in across the state.
On Tuesday, the upper low will start moving north. The southerly flow above will keep moisture flowing north across Florida continuing to fuel high rain chances.
A very moist deep layered southeast to southerly wind flow will keep abundant moisture in place across the area
through Friday. Expect scattered to numerous sea breeze driven showers and storms daily. Some locally heavy rain will continue to
be possible each day.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
The seven-day forecast