ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Wednesday into Thursday morning, with a look at conditions through Friday.
- Typical July heat
- Daily thunderstorms
- Tropics quieting down
Scattered storms from today have slowly decreased in coverage, with only isolated storms expected overnight into early Thursday morning. Skies will be partly cloudy to mostly clear otherwise.
Morning lows will be in the low to mid 70s inland and upper 70s near the coast.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Thursday will again feature a mostly sunny to partly cloudy morning followed by some scattered afternoon thunderstorms.
The coverage will be at about 30 percent. Highs will be between 91 and 94.
Atmospheric moisture will increase Friday into the weekend, resulting in an increasing coverage of scattered storms at that time. High temperatures will pull back a degree or two at that point.
The tropics will be quieting down a bit over the next week as Hurricane Chris is now moving quickly toward the cooler north Atlantic waters and the remnants of Beryl are not redeveloping. Even if Beryl did redevelop, it would stay out over open waters and not affect land.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app