ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for last Friday into Saturday morning, with a look at conditions into early next week.
- Coastal showers possible near daybreak
- Warm, muggy morning Saturday
- Rain chance 40 percent Sunday, Monday
There is a chance of a shower near the coast around daybreak.
It will be a very warm and muggy Saturday morning, with lows in the upper 70s to low 80s in some places.
An area of high pressure will remain in the Gulf of Mexico Saturday. This will keep our westerly onshore winds in place and storms will start early along the coast moving inland throughout the afternoon.
Our rain chance will be 40 percent.
Saturday will also be hot, with partly cloudy skies and highs in the low to mid 90s.
The same pattern of west wind, early storms along the coast moving inland in the afternoon will continue into the midweek.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Sunday and Monday, our rain chance will be 40 percent with partly cloudy skies.
Our temperatures will return to normal, with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s for Sunday and Monday.
However, lows will remain in the upper 70s to near 80 degrees.
In the midweek, increasing moisture and prevailing wind flow will increase our storm coverage to 50 percent on Tuesday and Wednesday.
High temperatures should also cool down some to upper 80s to 90 degrees.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app