CLEARWATER, Fla. — A Clearwater condominium building was evacuated due to a fire early Tuesday.
- Clearwater condo evacuated due to roof fire
- Firefighters called to Imperial Cove condos before 3 a.m.
- No injuries reported, fire under investigation
Clearwater firefighters responded to the Imperial Cove Condos at 19029 US 19, just south of Harn Boulevard. Four firefighters suffered minor injuries. None of the firefighters were transported for treatment.
According to officials, a fire likely was sparked by an AC unit on the roof of the four-story building. The structure was evacuated as firefighters knocked down the fire.
Fire officials said four units on the fourth floor were impacted. The amount of damage is unclear. The Red Cross is assisting residents impacted.
The building was not filled, according to authorities, as many residents at the condo are seasonal.
The fire is under investigation.