Shallow, cool air is in place with warmer air above, so clouds will continue though tonight. Light rain will taper off though.
- A cold week
- Freeze warning in Citrus County
- Freezing temps midweek
- RELATED: County-by-county cold weather shelters
- RELATED: Jackets tied to trees for those in need
Temperatures will continue to drop this evening as cooler air continues to push southward. The front will slow down just south of Florida tonight.
Overnight, even chillier air slides in. Breezes continue. A Wind Chill Advisory is in effect for all areas. Lows will be around 40 for Tampa Bay to low 30s for the Nature Coast. A Freeze Warning is in effect for Citrus County. The persistent clouds will prevent a frost though.
Tuesday will be breezy, mostly cloudy, cool with a small chance for some rain, especially inland. The cloud deck may break up a little. Highs will be in the upper 50s Tampa to low 50s north. Winds will still be northerly.
Wednesday will still be chilly with lows in the mid 40s for Tampa Bay to mid 30s north. There will be some areas of rain developing early as more upper-level energy rolls in over the shallow cool air. As this rolls past, it should be drier in the afternoon. Breezy conditions will continue. High temperatures will stay near 50 for northern counties.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Low pressure will develop in the Atlantic and move away, so there may be some sun later. But, another big push of cooler air moves in after the rain ends.
Thursday will bring some upper 20s for northern counties in the morning! Frost is not likely to be an issue with the extremely dry air mass that will move in. But it will be below freezing for Citrus County south into at least Northern Hillsborough to Central Polk Counties.
The afternoon highs will be in the low 50s in Tampa Bay, but might only be near 50 for the Nature Coast. It will be breezy, but there will be some sun.
Below-freezing low temperatures will return Friday and Saturday mornings, especially for areas inland and north of Tampa Bay. It will stay dry through the weekend. Sunday will bring a little warming.
Freeze Warning in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning for Citrus County:
- Temperatures will drop into the low 30s in Citrus County after midnight
- Damage is likely to sensitive plants. Temperatures may be harmful to pets
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app