Results are coming in for races in several Pinellas County cities this Election Day.
- Madeira Beach votes on commission members
- Several cities have mayoral elections
- Vote Pinellas page with voter info
- Check the sample ballot, polling place in your city
- LIVE: Check latest results here
New mayors were elected in four cities:
- Gary Katica in Belleair
- Joanne Kennedy in Indian Rocks Beach for mayor-commissioner
- Sandra Bradbury in Pinellas Park
- Larry Lunn in Treasure Island
In Madeira Beach, where commission meetings have been highly-charged over the last year, the results are in for one race, while another is too close to call.
Terry Lister is up for re-election, facing off against Deby Weinstein for the District 1 seat. At the moment, Weinstein is ahead by just two votes.
Nancy Hodges was re-elected in District 2, beating Eric Breslin 55 to 45.
There could be another election right around the corner in Madeira Beach if some residents have their way. Hundreds of signatures were collected for a petition asking to have the seats of two city commissioners, John Douthirt and Nancy Oakley, recalled.
Petitioners want the two to either resign or face a special election for reportedly making an improper hire.
The commissioners plan to go to the courts and get that tossed out altogether.
Edward Hoofnagle and Nick Paloma won the two city commissioner seats.
In Clearwater, David Allbritton and Hoyt Hamilton won the city council races.