Six-year-old Kyden Debyah is out of the hospital and back in his Hernando County home after being bitten by a venomous snake.
- Kyden Debyah released from Brandon hospital Wednesday
- He was bitten by venomous pygmy rattlesnake
- He required 18 vials of antivenin at cost of nearly $200k
- LINK: YouCaring page if you'd like to help family
"I'm feeling pretty good," said Kyden.
The little boy is feeling good and holding on to his sense of humor. He’s quite the jokester.
"Why did the fish cross the road? To get to the other tide," joked Kyden.
The family was happy to leave a Brandon hospital Wednesday. The boy is getting better after 18 vials of antivenin since he was bitten Monday.
"I woke up and I felt his foot and I started crying because I’m like, 'Today is the day we’re going home,'" said Kyden’s mother, Amber.
Kyden showed us on his foot where the venomous pygmy rattlesnake bit him at their Weeki Wachee home.
Kyden Debyah, 6, was hospitalized after being bitten by a venomous pygmy rattlesnake.
He also showed Spectrum Bay News 9 where the swelling went up to his knee.
At about $11,000 a vial, the family is looking at some $198,000 for antivenin treatments not covered by their insurance.
A YouCaring site was started to help with those costs.
"We feel such a relief that there's so many people out there trying to help us. I just, it’s very overwhelming, in a good way," the mother said.
As kindness continues pouring in, this family knows it could have been worse. So, they welcome love from the community and laughter from their son.
"Spiderman got bit by a spider and that’s how he got his powers," Kyden said. Asked what superpower he has now, he said, "I don't know."
Kyden looked pretty comfortable as he used a Spectrum Bay News 9 microphone for his final act before heading home.
"Do you want to hear a pizza joke? Never mind, it’s too cheesy," he said.