A recall on dark chocolate because of undeclared milk has expanded to Bass Pro Shops and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal CityWalk.
- Rucker's recalls dark chocolate candies
- Includes Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, Bass Pro Shops
- Manufacturer did not declare milk allergen
Earlier this week, an allergy alert was issued for dark chocolate products produced by GKI Foods for chocolate-covered almonds and other candies.
The company left milk off the label, which means people who have an allergy or sensitivity to dairy products could suffer a reaction.
On Tuesday, Rucker's Makin' Batch Candies, which distributes the GKI Foods chocolate across the country, issued its own alert for the following products:
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium Dark Chocolate Peanuts
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium Dark Chocolate Cranberries
The products were all packaged in an 8 oz. plastic bag inside a gold Toothsome box, with "best by" codes ranging from 5-11-17 to 10-9-18, and sold at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal CityWalk in Orlando.
Customers who wish to receive a refund or have questions can contact the company at 618-945-7778 or 888-622-2639.
Rucker's Wholesale is also recalling Uncle Buck's Dark Chocolate Peanuts sold at Bass Pro Shops for the same reason. The candies were sold in an 8.5 oz clear twist-tie bag between March 7, 2016 and Oct. 30, 2017.
If you have questions about this product, you can call Rucker's at 618-945-2411, or 800-663-1857.