The 'Backpacks For Kids" charity is asking for the public to donate 75 backpacks and some school supplies to students at Oldsmar and Dunedin Elementary schools.
The collection runs until August 8.
Needed supplies include:
- ½” - 1” three ring binder 1 package of # 2 pencils (dozen)
- Plastic pencil box/zippered pencil pouch 2 large glue sticks
- 1 pair of Fiskar scissors 2 pocket/prong folders (solid colors)
- 1 box of 16-24 crayons 1 large pink eraser
- Ziploc bags (gallon and quart size) Backpack (no wheels)
- Lunch bag/box Wide ruled notebook paper
- Composition Book Spiral notebooks
- Pencil sharpener with well Colored Pencils
- Ruler Sticky Notes
- Optional supplies for sharing: Tissues, Ziploc baggies, batteries (AA, AAA, and C), wide
- ruled notebook paper, pencils, electric pencil sharpeners, Post-it notes, hand sanitizer,
- colored markers, highlighters, glue sticks, tissues, sanitary wipes, cap erasers, Band-Aids,
- dry erase markers (black)
All donations can be dropped off at the Nationwide Appraisal Network at 250 Pine Avenue North, Suite A, in Oldsmar from Monday to Friday from 8:30am-7pm.
Those interested in becoming a Corporate Sponsor, a $100 donation is required.
Corporate sponsors receive:
- Company logo (hyperlink) and contact information featured on our website
- Social Media recognition
- Company logo and contact information featured in letter included in each backpack and to faculty members wishing everyone a successful school year
Please email your company logo, website, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make check payable to Nationwide Appraisal Network and notate “2014 Backpacks for Kids” in the memo line.
In Pinellas County, the charity says:
· more than 2,000 children live in foster care
· one in five children live in poverty
· more than 3,000 children are homeless
· 52% of all students in Pinellas qualify for free or reduced lunches
Larger corporations who want to collect donations in house, the charity will pick up the donations. Please coordinate a pick up time with Joni Pilgrim