Firefighters had to rescue a veritable menagerie from a burning home in Volusia County Wednesday.
In all, Edgewater firefighters saved 30 birds, 10 cats, five dogs and even two prairie dogs.
The fire happened at a home on West Pine Bluff Avenue. Witnesses say they believe the fire came from an RV next to the home that spread.
"That's what's going to keep me going, is that I know my dogs are OK and I'm OK and my mom is OK and it didn't catch anyone else's house on fire," said homeowner Shirley Chambers.
The Edgewater Fire Marshal believes the fire was caused by a problem with electrical wiring.
The homeowner and the animals are staying with family and neighbors.