A man and his dog were rescued Friday morning after fire broke out in a Clearwater condominium.

Firefighters responded to the Residences at Renaissance Square, located at 1216 S. Missouri Ave., shortly before 5 a.m.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire, which apparently started in the kitchen.

The resident was taken to Morton Plant Hospital for treatment of possible smoke inhalation.

The man's dog was semi-conscious when it was pulled from the fire. Firefighters used an oxygen mask on the dog to revive it.