Here's what you need to know about Tampa Bay area weather for overnight Tuesday into Wednesday:
- Gale Watch, Small Craft Advisory still in effect through Wednesday
- Showers and storms early as a cold front pushes through
- Drier, cooler Wednesday afternoon
A Gale watch and a Small Craft Advisory are still in effect and will remain in effect through Wednesday. We do not recommend boating, as it will be dangerous on the Gulf tomorrow.
The morning will feature mild conditions, with lows in the mid to upper 60s. Clouds will be on the increase and winds will be breezy from the south.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
A cold front will push a line of showers and storms through the area, first arriving near our coast after sunrise between 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. The line will quickly move east exiting eastern Polk County by early afternoon.
There could be a couple strong storms embedded in the line so we’ll be watching it carefully. But we don’t expect the scope of severe weather or the intense tornadoes they’ve seen to our north.
Highs will be in the morning in the mid 70s. Then drier, cooler air will start arriving Wednesday evening.
By Thursday morning temperatures will be back down in the 50s.
Although we’ll go back to mostly sunny skies Thursday the high temperatures will only warm to the mid 60s.
Expect a stretch of much cooler air that will prevail all the way into the upcoming weekend.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app