Here's what you need to know about the Bay area's weather for Saturday:
- Small craft advisory in effect for Gulf waters
- High risk of rip currents
- Overnight lows in the 50s
A Small Craft Advisory is in effect for the Gulf waters into Sunday. There will also be a high risk of rip currents at the beaches due to gusty north winds.
A cold front is expected to clear the area before morning. Some cooler air will filter in from the Nature Coast to Tampa Bay by daybreak. Lows will make it down to near 50 for the Nature Coast to upper 50s around Tampa Bay.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
High pressure will settle across the Gulf late Sunday into Monday, bringing a slightly cooler and drier air mass across the area.
Sunday will be breezy to windy with partly sunny skies. It will be a lot less humid. Highs will be in the mid 70s Tampa bay to near 80 south of Tampa.
Sunday night will be a little chillier, with lows from the upper 40s north to mid 50s south.
For Monday, a stronger area of high pressure will be building southward toward the eastern part of the country and then quickly out over the western Atlantic for Wednesday. Skies will be sunny.
High temperatures Monday through mid-week will remain in the upper 70s to lower 80s. Humidity stays low.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app