Almost 350 pounds of marijuana in a grow operation in Brandon had an estimated street value of $690,000, Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies say.
- Search warrant executed at home on Hollister Place
- Detectives say they found 2 rooms converted for growing marijuana
- Marijuana in the house weighed about 345 pounds, they said
Deputies executed a search warrant at a house on the 3800 block of Hollister Place at about 8:20 a.m. Thursday. During the search, detectives say they found two rooms converted for growing marijuana.
Investigators also said that TECO personnel called to the scene discovered an illegal electrical connection providing unmetered power to the residence. TECO estimates the value of the stolen electricity at more than $9,000.
Deputies arrested Eddy Acosta Guedes, 50, and charged him with the following:
- Trafficking in marijuana
- Cultivation of marijuana
- Grand theft-electricity
- Own/lease/rent for purposes of trafficking
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
So far in 2016, Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies have shut down 20 marijuana grow operations in the county.