Here's what you need to know about Tampa Bay's weather for Saturday evening into Sunday (Mother's Day!):
- Light winds, low temps through morning
- Warmer, closer to normal temps Sunday afternoon
- Light winds will continue into the week
Northwest upper level flow is keeping dry air moving over Florida. As a result, skies will remain clear through the rest of the weekend.
At the surface, high pressure in the northern Gulf moves east and settles over the area Sunday. Light winds through morning will produce low temperatures 5 to 7 degrees below normal.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
Temperatures will be returning to around normal levels Sunday afternoon with clear skies. Since the high pressure center will be on top of central Florida, winds will be light, allowing a sea breeze.
High pressure remains nearby into the work week keeping winds light. While a gradual increase in low level moisture will occur into the middle of the week, there will not be enough to cause rain.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
Friday morning low temperatures
- Crystal River 46
- Inverness 46
- Zephyrhills 46
- Brooksville 48
- New Port Richey 54
- Brandon 54
- Bartow 54
- Lakeland 55
- MacDill Air Force Base 56
- Ruskin 57
- Clearwater 57
- Winter Haven 58
- Tampa 61
- Bradenton 61
- St. Petersburg 67