The list of banned items during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland includes many no-brainer items, including weapons, drones and voice enhancement devices.
- The Republican National Convention is July 18-21
- GOP Convention will be held in Cleveland, Ohio
But, there are also items on the banned list that are, well, interesting, like whole fruit, baseballs and strollers.
The convention's Committee on Arrangements Security Division released detailed security information in May. Below is a list of items prohibited within the Quicken Loans Arena and the Convention Center of Cleveland.
- Weapons, firearms or knives (regardless of size)
- Replicas of weapons (including toy guns)
- Poles and sticks; selfie sticks
- Laser lights and laser pointers
- Whole fruit
- Containers of any type (bottles/cans/spray canisters)
- Mace/pepper spray, Tasers, stun guns, or similar devices
- Sharp and/or pointed objects: razor blades, scissors, knitting needles, screw drivers, etc.
- Whistles, noise makers, horns or drums, unless authorized by convention officials
- Leatherman or similar tools
- Banners, signs or placards
- Flashlights, unless authorized by the Committee on Arrangements Event Production or Security Divisions
- Unopened envelopes or packages (items must be opened and available for inspection/screening)
- Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth signal disruptor
- Camcorders and cases, large cameras with lens (over 4 inches)***
- Voice enhancement devices, such as bullhorns
- Tripods for cameras***
- Backpacks or carry cases for binoculars, cameras***
- Inflatable items (balloons, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages (unless provided by official caterers or food vendors)
*** Doesn't apply to media
For more information, email COASecurity@gopconvention2016.com.