Scattered showers and storms started a little later today, resulting in them lingering later this evening. They will slowly wind down, with clearing skies into early Thursday morning. Lows will be in the mid to upper 70s.
- Showers wind down with clearing skies
- Partly cloudy overnight
- Best rain chance over Polk late in day Thursday
There will be a few showers to start the day near the coast or in the gulf. After starting with a light variable breeze in the morning, there will be a sea breeze from the northwest in the afternoon, pushing any storms inland and to the east late in the day.
Therefore the best rain chance will end up over Polk County by late in the day. The storm coverage will be at about 30 percent. High temperatures will again top out near 90.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app