An accused child molester already in jail is now facing additional charges.
According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, James Ballone of Lakeland sexually assaulted two toddlers and photographed the assault. He then shared the photos with two other children, deputies said.
Ballone, 53, is facing additional charges of sexually abusing two toddler boys, photographing the molestation and showing adult pornography to two other children.
Ballone was initially arrested in July during a sting for possession of child pornography. AT that time, he was cahrged with 65 counts of possession of child pornography.
His new charges break down like this:
- 2 counts of capital sexual battery
- 6 counts of lewd molestation
- 5 counts of lewd exhibition
- 3 counts of promotion of sexual performance
- 115 counts of possession of child pornography
- 1 count of an unnatural and lascivious act
Ballone is now facing a total of 197 felony charges.
He remains in the Polk County Jail.