A cold front will move into our area overnight into Monday.
- Cold front moving in Christmas
- Highs for Christmas Day in low 70s
Out ahead of it, a couple showers will move through the Nature Coast this evening. The rain chance is only 20 percent though.
The few showers will move south and east ahead of the cold front through the night. The rain chance will continue to be slim.
The front will follow the few showers. It is likely to be south of Tampa Bay by sunrise Christmas.
Cooler weather is expected on Christmas Day as the front slowly drifts south.
North winds will be across the area. It will be breezy, especially at the coast. The sea fog will be cleared away, but winds will be strong enough for a Small Craft Advisory over the Gulf waters.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
High temperatures will be in the low 70s, but temperatures are likely to drop off by late afternoon. Mostly cloudy skies early will give way to more sun in the afternoon.
Monday night will be getting cooler with low temperatures in the 40s north to 50s for Tampa Bay.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be mostly sunny with low humidity and high temperatures in the mid 70 to upper 70s.
Another front is likely by next weekend. There will be a rain chance and a cool down expected.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
The seven-day forecast