Storms possible overnight in Central Florida before a cold front sweeps through the area. Here's the weather forecast for overnight and Tuesday:
- Strong thunderstorms possible overnight
- Rains taper off Tuesday morning
- Winds to pick up as skies clear
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast▼
An active night ahead with scattered showers and even a few strong thunderstorms possible. The biggest threat from the storms will be very heavy rainfall and gusty winds. A few may even contain some small hail.
In general, a ½” of rain is expected but there will be spots that receive over an inch. Our lows will be near 60. The rain tapers off as we start our Tuesday. The skies will slowly clear and the winds pick up out of the west at 15-20mph with gusts up to 30. The highs will be in the lower 70s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the News 13+ app and get StormTracker 13 & Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from News 13
We have a big cool down as dry air moves in for the rest of the work and school week. Mostly sunny skies for the rest of the week with highs dropping into the middle 60s Wednesday and Thursday.
The overnight lows will dip into the 30s and 40s Thursday and Friday morning. Enjoy the cooler air. It will most likely be the last blast of cool air for the season. The highs warm back into the upper 70s for the weekend.
The boating conditions will be hazardous on Tuesday. Small Craft Advisories will be in effect as the winds howl out of the west at 15-20 knots with higher gusts. The seas will be running at 4-6 feet. There will be a moderate rip risk along the coast. The water temperature is 66 at Daytona Beach and 71 at Cocoa Beach.
StormTracker 13 interactive radar ▼
We want your pictures!
- Get the News 13+ app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location