Here's your Tampa area forecast for late Friday into Saturday and Sunday.
- Nice weekend
- Good boating conditions
- Multiple fronts next week
As expected, the rain didn’t amount to much across the region Friday morning. The heaviest totals were in western Manatee county; otherwise, it was just light hit-and-miss amounts.
That quickly moved out, and the front will bring a reinforcing shot of drier, less humid air for this weekend.
However, there is no cool air behind the front, so expect lows similar to the past couple of nights. Temperatures will mainly be in the 60s from the bay south, but 50s in northern counties.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
There will be some early morning fog that will burn off within a couple hours after sunrise.
Skies will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy for Saturday with highs easily reaching the mid 80s inland and some spots even in the upper 80s. At the coast it will be in the upper 70s to near 80.
Saturday night will be partly cloudy to mostly clear with lows in the mid 50s to mid 60s.
Sunday will be another nice day, but it will be one of the warmest days we have seen this spring so far. With just the right breeze from the east, it will push the warmest air to our side of the state and keep our sea breeze from coming in off the gulf and cooling us down.
That means we can expect highs easily in the mid to upper 80s, with a few spots reaching 90.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app