One person was injured in house explosion in Port Richey, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue.

  • Explosion at Port Richey home
  • One person found with severe burns
  • Fire spread to nearby home

The incident happened Sunday night at a home on Velvet Drive.

A fire broke out shortly after the explosion and spread to another home.

Firefighters said one person was found with severe burns and taken to a trauma center.

The family in the second home were able to escape unharmed.

Fourteen dogs were found dead, firefighters said. Three dogs were found alive and taken to a veterinary to be checked out.

Fire Chief Shawn Whited said a generator may have been the cause.