Deer Park Elementary School has been the target of vandals, with damages totaling more than $1,000, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.
- Walls, shed damaged
- Butterfly garden area wrecked as well
Over the last few weeks, the New Port Richey school has been hit by various acts of vandalism by unknown people, deputies stated in a Facebook post.
Some of the damages include:
- Ripping down flags that hang around a gazebo
- Taking sharp objects and damaging walls and shed
- Attempting to hack off and cut away at a lock
- Damaging the butterfly garden areas including tearing holes in the lattice fencing
- Drawing obscene images in the area
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office's tips line at: 1-800-706-2488.