Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Friday through the weekend and into next week.
- PM storms
- Warm and humid
- Drier starting Monday
It will be partly cloudy overnight.
Low temperatures will be in 70s around Tampa Bay to near 70 north.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Saturday will be similar, with quiet conditions in the morning followed by another round of scattered showers and storms in the afternoon to evening. They will move westward and toward the Gulf of Mexico.
Highs will be in the upper 80s at the coast to low 90s Saturday afternoon.
Sunday will be partly sunny with a chance of scattered afternoon storms and highs in the low 90s.
As we move into next week, Hurricane Maria will lift northward across the western Atlantic and stay far east of Florida. This will allow dry air to move southward into our area and limit rainfall potential much of next week.
The rain chance is 20 percent on Monday, then 10 percent or less Tuesday through Thursday.
Temperatures look to remain fairly steady with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s each day and morning lows in the 70s. The Nature Coast is likely to get lows back into the upper 60s.
River Flood Warnings:
- Withlacoochee At Trilby
- Withlacoochee River At Croom
- Cypress Creek At Worthington Gardens
- Myakka River At Myakka River State Park
- Peace River At Bartow
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app