An upper level trough in the Western Gulf is approaching, drawing in tropical moisture from the south.
- Rain chances increase
- Lows in the upper 60s, low 70s
- Muggy air remains
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
Considerable cloudiness is across the area, as moisture increases. Showers and a few storms will continue through the evening.
Southwest winds in the upper levels, along with an upper level trough closing-in from the west, the moisture continues to move in from the south. Showers and storms will move northward across the area tonight. Skies will be cloudy and humidity high. Lows will be in the upper 60s to low 70s.
Monday will continue to be cloudy with a high chance of showers and storms. Highs will be in the upper 70s to low 80s. The upper level trough will close off as a an upper low. Then it will park in the Eastern Gulf. Moisture will continue to stream in across the state.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
On Tuesday, the upper low will start moving north. The southerly flow above will keep moisture flowing north across Florida continuing to fuel high rain chances.
A very moist deep layered southeast to southerly wind flow will keep abundant moisture in place across the area through Friday. Expect scattered to numerous sea breeze driven showers and storms especially in the afternoons. Some locally heavy rain will continue to be possible each day. The pattern looks similar going into next weekend.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
The seven-day forecast