ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Friday into Saturday morning, along with a look at conditions into early next week.
- Dry air limits storm coverage
- Some moisture returns Sunday
- Rain chances continue to increase next week
After isolated thunderstorms it will be partly cloudy through morning. Lows will be in the mid to upper 70s.
The drier air overhead will continue through Saturday. The day will start off sunny and will get hot quickly.
The dry air will limit the storm coverage to around 30 percent.
It will be hot, with high temperatures in the low to mid 90s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
On Sunday some moisture returns overhead. Skies will be partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly in the afternoon.
Winds will be more southerly for areas north of Tampa Bay, so there will be a small chance of morning showers there. Highs will make it into the low 90s.
Moisture returns next week, with the rain chances increasing to 40 percent to 50 percent from midweek to the end of the week.
High temperatures will be close to average with most of the area in the upper 80s to low 90s.
Low temperatures will be in the mid 70s to 80 degrees.