ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Pinellas County property owners may soon see changes in their flood insurance requirements.
- Proposed flood insurance requirement changes for Pinellas
- Meetings set for the public
- PINELLAS COUNTY: Public meetings set for proposed Flood Insurance Rate Map changes
FEMA released the updated map in June, and many property owners are seeing a projected change in their flood risk. Residents can view their map change at www.pinellascounty.org/flooding/fema_firm.htm.
In order to explain the changes and ensure that homeowners have all the information needed to understand new requirements, the county and FEMA officials are hosting open house meetings, starting Tuesday, Sept. 25.
Four meetings will be held Tuesday to Thursday.
The meetings will provide information to property owners that may be affected by proposed changes to the Flood Insurance Rate Map.
The meeting dates and sites are as follows:
• Tuesday, Sept. 25: YMCA at Lealman Community Campus, 5175 45th St. N., St. Petersburg, 6 – 9 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 26: Countryside Recreation Center, 2640 Sabal Springs Drive, Clearwater, 6 – 9 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 27: Seminole Recreation Center, 9100 113th Street N., Seminole, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 6 – 9 p.m.
Home and business owners, renters, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, surveyors and insurance agents are encouraged to attend.