ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Here's your Tampa area weather forecast for late Thursday into Friday morning, along with a look at conditions through the weekend.
- Pattern change
- Moisture exits, dry air arrives
- Nice weather into Saturday
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Formation potentials, Atlantic and Gulf satellite loops, typical storm tracks per month
The last of the showers are moving out, with drier air moving in.
Skies will clear overnight into early Friday morning, with a noticeable drop in humidity for Friday. Keep in mind it will still be warm, but the drop in humidity will make for a more comfortable forecast headed into the weekend.
Morning lows will be slightly lower, in the low to mid 70s from the Bay southward and in the 60s for northern counties.
Friday will feature mostly sunny skies and a shift in the wind direction, with a light north breeze. That’s something we haven’t seen in a long time.
That will push drier air into the region, with dropping humidity during the day. The highs will still top out in the upper 80s to near 90, but the morning and evening will be noticeably more comfortable.
Friday night will be fantastic with mostly clear skies and a comfortable feel in the air for the first time this autumn.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Saturday morning will be the coolest we’ve been since last Spring. Lows will be in the 60s around the Bay and all the way down into the 50s for northern counties.
It will practically feel cool by our standards. Enjoy it while you can because it won’t last long.
As is typical in our area, this first shot of drier air will be brief and then more humid conditions will return next week.
Saturday will be mostly sunny with highs in the upper 80s. Saturday night will be gorgeous, with mostly clear skies and lows in the 60s.
Sunday will start mostly sunny but go partly cloudy in the afternoon, with a small chance of a shower returning to the area. The best chance will be south of Tampa Bay.
Highs will be in the upper 80s Sunday.
Moisture will increase next week, with rain chances slowly coming back and humidity rising.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location