ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The advertised blast of colder air is here.
Temperatures will be running about twenty degrees below average Wednesday. Skies will be clear, but with a northerly breeze as the coldest air of the season thus far gets pushed in.
- Freeze warning TONIGHT for Citrus County
- Freeze warning Wednesday night for Citrus, Hernando
- Near freezing mornings
- Warmer weekend
Wednesday will be a mostly sunny day, with some high thin clouds in the afternoon. But even with the sunshine it will still be a chilly day by Florida standards, with highs only in the upper 50s.
Wednesday night into Thursday morning will be clear and cold with lows in the 30s and 40s.
Thursday will be the coldest morning we’ve seen this season so far, with areas of Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Polk, and inland Hillsborough county getting some patchy frost.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Then the slow warming trend will begin, with highs back into the 60s for Thursday afternoon. Clouds will increase, making for a partly cloudy day.
Friday morning will not be as cool, with lows in the 40s and 50s.
Friday will feature a mix of sun and clouds, with highs back into the 70s. It will be a very comfortable day.
That will set the stage for increasing clouds and some scattered showers in the forecast this weekend. As of right now, it does not look like a washout type of forecast, but there will definitely be some showers in the region.
Highs both weekend days will be near 80, and it will be more humid due to a wind from the south.
The next cold front is on the way for early next week, but the details of exactly when it will come through are still unclear.
Some of our most reliable guidance is in disagreement. As of right now it appears there will be some showers this weekend, followed by another rain chance either Monday or Tuesday.
Then the next cold front will come through, drying us out again with cooler conditions at that time.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location