ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — An early-morning fire tore through a St. Petersburg mobile home early Thursday. 

According to St. Pete Fire Rescue, the fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. at a home in the Village Green 55+ community. Firefighters said the fire destroyed the mobile home and left two adults homeless.

The homeowner was reading when the power to his mobile home went out, said Lt. Steven Lawrence. When he checked the electrical panel he discovered a small fire to the rear of the home. 

He quickly alerted his mom, whom was asleep in the bedroom, at the time of the fire. The two occupants got out of the home safety and called 911.

When fire crews arrived on scene they found smoke and flames showing and began to extinguish the fire. The home is a complete loss and the cause of the fire was determined to have been accidental.

There were no injuries reported.