PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — The National Transportation Safety Board released its final report and evidence in its investigation of the events leading to a fire aboard a Pasco County-based casino shuttle boat in January 2018 that led to the death of a passenger.
- Fire took place on January 14, 2018
- NTSB cited company's lack of “inspections and infrequent maintenance.”
- Report: No fire detection devices in place, no call made to Coast Guard
- Boat operators dealt with similar incident in 2004
- Investigators also found fault with Coast Guard
To learn more about the NTSB's findings regarding the fire aboard the Island Lady, watch the video above.