TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. — We’re getting more details about the days, weeks, and months before a father reportedly killed himself and his three-year-old daughter.

Ayhan Aytes and Laurel Friedman’s divorce documents lay out custody disputes, child abuse claims, and pleas to police.

Erratic and unpredictable is how Friedman described her estranged husband in court filings just last week.

Temple Terrace Police reports show just before 2 p.m. last Wednesday afternoon, Friedman showed up asking police for help getting Aytes to hand over their three-year old daughter, Ela. When they reached out to Aytes he told police he had his daughter and she was in safe keeping.

In a Facebook post, Friedman talked about how their daughter Ela was her love and her light. 

The post read, "Ela picked her outfit out herself, down to her star shoes and manatee necklace not shown here. My love. My light."

Documents show the separated couple shared 50/50 custody of the three-year-old. Temple Terrace police told Friedman in order for them to get involved she would need a court order with a judge’s signature. 

That same day, Friedman filed an emergency motion pleading with the court for the return of Ela. In the motion she said Aytes not only refused to let her see the child, he also filed a false report with child protection investigators accusing her new boyfriend of abuse.

Friedman said the allegations were false and that Aytes coached the three-year-old to make false claims. 

In court documents an email shows that a child protective services investigator said the claims shouldn’t have kept Aytes from allowing their daughter to go with her mother.

In September, a court barred Aytes from taking Ela out of the country, according to documents. Aytes is originally from Turkey but has lived in the United States for 20 years, according to his response to the ruling. Records show that Friedman thought he would take Ela to Turkey and never return. 

In the end, police say Aytes took away their little girl’s life and then his own.

Police in Temple Terrace say they only had two calls for service at Aytes home. The one where the mother asked to get her daughter back last week and the well-being check where they discovered the murder-suicide.

Temple Terrace police say this case is still under investigation. There’s still no word yet on a cause of death.