ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The strong winds our now ushering in colder air so expect it to feel chilly Saturday morning headed out the door.
- Showers ending overnight
- Decreasing wind
- Chilly weekend
- Thursday: Storm Damage, Flooding Across Bay Area
Morning lows will be in the 40s for most areas.
Although winds will decrease, it will still be breezy. The last of the showers will come in from the Gulf and finally move out by sunrise.
There will still be some lingering clouds for the first few hours after sunrise, but then we will we have sunshine for the rest of the day.
Highs will be cool, only topping out around 60. Saturday night will be clear and cold with lows in the 30s and 40s.
Sunday will wrap up the weekend on a nice note with mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies and highs in the mid-60s.
Sunday night will be mostly clear and chilly with lows in the 40s.
Monday for Christmas Eve will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy with high back up around 70. It will be a beautiful day.
Monday night will be mostly clear with lows in the 40s and 50s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
Tuesday for Christmas day will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the low 70s. It will be the warmest day we have had in a while.
That will be the beginning of a significant warming trend and pattern change into the end of next week.
Here are some of the wind gusts reported Friday.
- 78 mph on top of the Skyway Bridge
- 54 mph in Bradenton
- 53 mph at MacDill
- 43 mph in Brooksville
- 40 mph in St. Petersburg
- 39 mph at St. Pete/Clearwater Airport
- 46 mph at Tampa International Airport
- 56 mph in Anna Maria Island
- 55 mph in Tarpon Springs
- 45 mph in downtown St. Petersburg
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location