A golden retriever in Massachusetts is probably in a fair bit of trouble after accidentally starting a small fire while sneaking pancakes off a stove while its owner was away.

  • Golden retriever accidentally starts fire, video shows
  • Fire dept. urges residents to take precautions

In a video shared by the Southwick Fire Department, a dog can be seen jumping up on a stove and knocking a pancake off the plate on top.

Presumably, while on the stove, the dog accidentally turned on one of the burners which led to flames erupting from the appliance and the house filling with smoke.

Luckily, for all involved, the house's alarm system alerted emergency responders who were able to get to the house before the flames could spread.

The fire department posted the video with a message urging residents to take precautions to avoid incidents like this in the future.