Two men have been taken to the hospital as a fire started at the Sugar Creek Mobile Home Community early Thursday morning, says officials.

  • 2 was taken to Tampa General Hospital
  • No firefighters were injured

Largo Fire Chief Terry Tokarz told Spectrum Bay News 9 that crews went to the mobile home at 10265 Ulmerton Rd. around 5:07 a.m. to battle the blaze as two men who live in the home were taken to the Tampa General Hospital.

One of the men were taken to the hospital's burn center, but Tokarz did not say which section of the hospital the other man was taken to.

The extent of their injuries is unknown and no firefighters were injured, the fire chief confirmed.

Tokarz did not say how the fire started.

Check back for updates.