FORT MYERS, Fla. — Take a step back in time to visit the homes of American icons who changed history at the turn of the century.
The Edison and Ford Winter Estates were built by famous inventor Thomas Edison and business mogul Henry Ford. Here’s what every visitor should know about this historial attraction:
- Ford and Edison became lifelong friends after meeting at a business convention in the late 1800’s.
- Onsite you can tour the homes and the grounds, which include 21 acres of botanical gardens.
- The estates also have a museum and one of the only remaining Edison laboratories in the world.
- The Edison Ford Winter Estates are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- For information on ticket prices and events held at the estates, check out their website.
To learn more about the Edison and Ford Winter Estates, watch the video above.