ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Here's your Tampa Bay area weather forecast for Monday evening into Tuesday, along with a look at conditions through midweek.
- Front stalls
- Pleasant mornings
- Warm afternoons
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
A weak cold front is drifting into the area, but it’s falling apart as it does so. As a result, it won’t have a major impact but there will be subtle differences.
For example, winds will get breezier in Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco counties into the early morning.
The sea fog that’s out there will slowly be pushed back to the south by the shifting wind overnight.
Skies will be mostly cloudy otherwise, with an isolated chance of a shower into the early morning.
Lows will be in the upper 50s for Citrus County, where the front will barely bring slightly cooler air. The rest of us will stay in the 60s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
The front will stall and fall apart right on top of us. Therefore, you can expect more clouds around for Tuesday, but still only a small chance of an isolated shower.
Highs will be slightly lower from Hernando County northward, in the upper 70s. The rest of the area will still be in the low 80s.
Winds will start out breezy in the morning, but then die down through the afternoon.
Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with lows in the 60s.
Wednesday will feature a mix of sun and clouds. There will be enough atmospheric moisture to produce a few afternoon scattered showers that day.
Highs will be warmer, bumping into the mid 80s.
The theme to the long range forecast is an extended period of above-average temperatures while the cold air stays just to our north.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location