ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The front will edge south of Tampa Bay tonight, but it will not go too far away. Temperatures and dew points will drop after it moves south.
- Few showers still possible Sunday
- St. Patrick's Day will be breezy and cool
- Another push of cooler air midweek
- SEE BELOW: See our 7-day forecast ▼
There will be a few showers possible through the overnight. Lows will be from the mid-50s north to low 60s around Tampa.
The possibility of a few showers continues on Sunday as upper level energy moves across the state.
It will be cooler and breezy with high temperatures in the low 70s on St. Patrick’s Day for Tampa Bay. The Nature Coast temperatures will only be in the low 60s.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Spectrum Bay News 9 app and get Klystron 9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Spectrum Bay News 9
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Tampa Bay-area temperatures | Travel weather
The front will stay across South Florida, keeping rain chances across the area through mid-week.
Monday will be a little cooler in the morning, with lows in the upper 50s for Tampa to lower 50s north. Showers will still be possible. Highs will reach near 70.
Tuesday looks like a similar day. Upper level energy will move across the state enhancing the rain chances. It will be cool and breezy, with highs in the low 70s.
Another push of cooler air moves in mid-week as the stalled front starts moving south again.
Low temperatures by Wednesday morning will be in the 50s in Tampa Bay down to near 50 in the northern counties.
Drier air will move in Wednesday.
Thursday will stay cool, but will have sun.
On Friday temperatures will be back to at least normal to a little above with sunshine.
Next weekend continues to warm. Right now, it looks like it will be dry.
We want your pictures!
Show us what the weather looks like in your neighborhood. Your photo could end up on Spectrum Bay News 9.
- Get the Spectrum Bay News 9 app for iOS or Android
- Tap "Submit Content" at the bottom of the app menu
- Remember to include your name and location